Friday, June 25, 2010


So here is what I did today while I was at work....I bought my tickets to the 12:01 A.M. screening Of The Twilight Saga's, Eclipse! Now before you go judging me which I am sure you are already doing, I don't care! Yeah that's right I don't. I am not defending myself to anyone! I am a 27 year old woman who is totally in love with The Twilight Saga. There I said it, but you should know that the love started all because of my best friend Dina.

Here is how it all started...Dina: Hey Michelle you have to come see the movie Twilight with me, I've read the books and they're great and I've already seen the movie and think you'll like it. Me: Oh yeah, I heard about that movie. You mean it was a book first? Dina: Yes there are four books and they're great and you should read them. Wait you really didn't know they were books?! Man don't you ever read?! Me: No, I don't really read, but you know that, so this movie? It's about vampires right? Ok, sounds good.

Wow, I had no idea what this little independent movie was going to do to me. We saw it in the afternoon and then I had to go to work at my families restaurant, I was totally in the clouds all night thinking about the amazing movie and how I couldn't wait to read the books. I went out the very next day and bought the first two. I read Twilight in about a month and then New Moon in two weeks, quickly followed by Eclipse which was probably another two to three weeks. I like to take time reading and really getting into the characters and get to the point where all I can do is stay up till 4am (that happened a few times while I was reading) to finish a few more chapters. Now you may be asking yourself I thought she said there were four books. Yes, you are correct there are four books the only thing is I can't finish the last one. I know what the hell am I talking about "I can't finish it" I'm not too sure why, but I think it is because I am actually sad to end the story of Edward and Bella. Ok, Now I am sure that you are all judging me and thinking I'm crazy, and you're right I am but so what. Everyone has an obsession with something that is a little crazy or silly, I am just owning mine and sharing it proudly :-)

I will say this, I'll for sure finish Breaking Dawn (the fourth book) before I see the movie ;-) I have heard there may be two films shot for the final book which means I have tons of time!

I would like to go back to me at work buying the ticket. Ok so there I was, sitting at my desk working when it struck me....today is already the 25th and I hadn't bought my ticket yet! So I immediately went onto AMC's website to buy my ticket, while I was looking for a screening I came upon "The triple feature package" Oh yes, that's right I could spend $30 and go see Twilight, New Moon, and the Eclipse! That would put me in the theater for a total of 7 hours and 50 minutes! I have to be honest I was truly contemplating it but then I realized that I would never have enough time to get there by 6:30 pm since I work pretty far away from the theater. ;-) Hahaha well also because I own the other two. Moving on, I find the screening I want and then I had the option to select my own seat or get the best one they had, but I didn't trust the computer knowing what I considered the best so I opted to choose my own seat.

This is where it got serious, the moment I clicked "choose your own seat" a little timer popped up and said I had three minutes to complete the transaction or my order would not be completed! I swear I could hear the mission impossible music playing in my head! The screen took forever to load and once it did I saw that there were only 6 seats to choose from, 6!!!! Oh man what do I do?! So I looked for a few seconds and finally decided on what I thought to be the best of the 6! Once I picked my seat I only had one minute and twenty-two seconds left and I still had to enter my credit card info! Man it was a nail biter but at forty-five seconds remaining my order was completed, so on Tuesday June 29th at 12:01 am (technically Wednesday) I will be sitting in Row I, Seat 9 enjoying the third installment of the oh so fantastic Twilight Saga! Ahhh it really feels good knowing I have a secure seat, and please believe that if anyone is sitting in Row I, Seat 9 they will be forced to get up and movie it along!


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment