Saturday, June 26, 2010

Today I would like to chat about a funny little picture I saw in an office at work. The picture was a split of two switch boards, one of them had only one switch labeled on/off and the other board was covered with button, switches, knobs, and lights. What caught my eye was that the picture with only one switch was labeled Men and the picture that was covered with buttons, switches, knobs, and lights was labeled Women. Now, my very first reaction was hey! That's a bit much. Then I thought, now come on it definitely takes more then one thing to turn a man on or off. My last thought was ok, there is no way a woman needs that much! I discussed it in the office with the guy who's office it was and two other guys that I work with. I was quickly met by all the guys saying "Yes, it is just that easy to turn us on, and it is just that difficult to turn you women on. I was even told, hey I'm turned on right now! Then another guy said a girl can be naked and holding a sandwich and I'm totally turned on. Ha....I quickly thought for a second of a naked man with a sandwich and was pretty much turned completely off in fact! Ha!

So, the reason why I am bringing this up is that I was adamant about the picture depicting men and women a bit harshly, but as the day went on I thought well, maybe it really isn't that wrong. Since the answers the guys gave me were pretty straight forward and when I thought of what would turn me on or women in general I started to realize it did take a bit more then being naked and holding a sandwich.

Well, it wasn't until I got back to my apartment and turned on the TV while I was cooking for some background noise that I really took notice to how much this message is out there in the world. This message that women need, or want soooo much, it's something that really bothers me because sure as my brother once told me "guy's are simple and easy Mish, you girls are the difficult ones. We don't over think and analyze situations, you do" ( Now please before you go thinking that my brother is a jerk for saying it like that, he isn't, he is actually soo fricken right! and also to defend him I asked his opinion, he didn't just throw that out there at me. )

So anyway back to the apartment, I had my TV on in the background while I was cooking and as I walked into the living room there was this Axe Body Spray commercial on that always made me giggle. Well tonight as I watched it I was not giggling, no in fact I was a bit stung by the message it sent out and it made me realize why there are pictures like the one in the office floating around and other little jabs about men and women. Ok I am sure you want to know what this commercial is, so here it is for you to check it out yourself, I'm pretty sure a few of you have seen it already, but enjoy.






Now, I don't want you to think that I am some raging feminist and am totally against this commercial, because that is not what I am trying to get across. I am just trying to say that maybe guys need to be more like my brother and tell girls hey, listen here is what I want. Now tell me what you want. Neither man nor woman are mind readers, so until we start speaking up and saying what is on our minds then we will really be that switch board with a million switches, and it will only be our fault.

Ok so I realize that this entry may ruffle some feathers or it may make some people laugh, to be honest with you I am looking to do both. I would like to see if people agree with me or disagree with me on these new thoughts of mine, because that is what this truly all is; new thoughts and ideas that have sparked some interest to me. I still don't totally believe that women have all the switches and guys have only one, I think that the men have a few at least, and my last point that I would like to make is that we are all different! There is not a single person on this planet that shares the EXACT same wants and needs in anything.


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment