Saturday, July 24, 2010

Movie TIme !




Finally!!!! I had some issues that I had to figure out myself which I think some of you know I am not the most computer savvy person on this earth ( Vlady you usually did everything for me! I miss that A LOT! ) So anyway in my last post I said I was gonna go see Day and Knight ( It is actually Knight and Day haha ) and The Kids are All Right. I have since seen both and was extremely happy with them. Day and Knight was everything I wanted it to be; Funny, exciting, entertaining, silly, and just simply entertaining. It was the kind of movie that you would want to see in the Summer to just entertain you and keep you interested from beginning to end. I even liked Cameron Diaz in this movie, her acting usually upsets me because she comes across as some pretty chick just delivering lines, she never gets into her character to become that person. I think that this was her next best film after The Mask. Yes that's right, The Mask was her last good film. Now of course when she plays Fiona I love her, but that is just her fun voice. OK I think I'm done ripping on Cameron ;-)

So now I would like to talk about The Kids are All Right, this movie was absolutely perfect. It is usually not that easy for me to throw around the word perfect, but it truly was. The acting was flawless from every actor starting with my favorite Jules ( Julianne Moore ) she was so totally committed to her character and she delivered her performance so well that there was no part of me that thought oh she is just acting. The same goes for Nic ( Annette Bening ) as a friend of mine has said in his blog already; I don't see how she has not been in more commanding roles as this. They both became these characters so well that I honestly felt that I was watching their true family's issues unfold in front of me. The story was so simple and sweet but the Direction by Lisa Cholodenko was so precise and perfect that her actors fell into their characters so beautifully and ( seemingly ) effortlessly that there was no way not to fall in love withe them and want to see what will unfold in this movie for them. I was totally connected to the film from the opening skateboarding scene til the very last credit rolled off the screen. I have to say that I haven't been this enthralled and in love with a film since Mystic River. I won't be comparing the two because they are so opposite, but I loved Mystic River so much that it still plays out for me like I'm watching it for the firs time, and I think that The Kids are All Right will do the same for me.

So all of this being said, I also mentioned in before that I will be blogging about some possible film ideas of my own. Here is one that I have had rolling around in my head for a while now. The story is a Girl who is caught between real life and fantasy, the film will play out in a way that the audience may not really know which is the real life and which is the fantasy life. I want it to be a Dramedy, so this is going to be interesting for me to write some dramatic scenes, but I am excited and really looking forward to it. So this is definitely not enough info yet, but I just wanted to get a little bit out there to stir the pot a little ;-) There will be much more to come so don't worry!

So there we have it folks two great movies that are definitely a must see and one movie in the works that will one day also be a must see ;-)

-M

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to see "The Kids are All Right" but I think I will skip "Knight and Day." I find both Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz extremely scary and don't think I could make it through a movie with the two of them in it. Tom Cruise because he is insane, and Cameron Diaz because she has the widest mouth I've ever seen, and every time she opens it I'm afraid the universe will get sucked in.

    Looking forward to hearing how your writing develops. Don't be like me - always with the ideas and never with the execution. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete