Thursday, July 1, 2010



Well folks you know what Wednesday was don't you? Oh yes, that's right Eclipse!!! Yep, there I was at 11:30 pm waiting for the theater doors to open so that nobody had the chance to sit in my seat! Oh and the seat was fantastic! it was only one over from perfectly center! So how was the movie you ask? I absolutely loved it, it was everything I wanted it to be. Now as I'm sure you have figured out I am totally bias since I adored the books, but it really was great. They stuck to the book really well, and there were even funny lines that I actually laughed at because they were funny and not just corny. The fight scene was done really well, which I was a little worried about, and the end was done well also. I am extremely excited for the final two films, and will be seeing this one again for sure. Now get to your nearest theater and check it out already!

What I would like to talk about now is what happened while I was waiting for Eclipse to start. First I sat down and was the only one in my Row for the first ten minutes of waiting, thinking to myself about what I was about to watch and I immediately needed to remind myself of a few important points: In the Twilight Saga these vampires don't have fangs, they do come out in the day time, and they are sweet and innocent high schoolers. It's True Blood where they have fangs, can't come out in the day light, and are extremely provocative and just nasty hot! Yes that's right I needed to remind myself since there are just so many vampire's roaming the Television and films these days. Yes, I am also obsessed with True Blood, but those books I haven't started reading yet but will be reading them soon. I like to say that Twilight are my wholesome sweet stories and True Blood are my raunchy exciting stories!

Now let's get to who sat next to me, first there were the three girls that sat to the right of me whining to each other about being tired. One was saying I'm tired I can't stay awake and the other two were whining loudly telling her to shut up and just stay awake-uh! The one who sat right next to me immediately got on her phone and started talking loudly and cracking up telling the person she was talking to to shut up, noway, shut up, no way! Really? Soon I had a group that sat to the left of me that were first of all a really odd looking group, one dressed to the nine's, one dressed in pajama's, another one dressed in Chicago style winter clothes, and one dressed like she would never spend less then $500 on a blouse. Also their ages ranged from early 20's- 60's and they didn't look related, it was just an odd looking group. I was really blessed because the one who wore the ubber expensive clothes sat next to me with her pompous crossed legs and attitude. So there she was sitting there talking so loud you could hear here in the back of the theater and all I could do was pray she would shut up by the time the movie started.

The only good thing that came out of her sitting next to me is this next part which is something that just cracked me up in fact, I'm still laughing thinking about it. There she was sitting and blathering on about the most inane subjects ever when she started talking to her friend next to her (a 43 year old Asian male) about shoes. Now it was what she said that was the best part and here it is:

Girl: You know what I hate, I hate when you buy sneakers and wear them and the tongue thingy rubs on your foot.

Guy: What, what about shoes?

Girl: You know when the tongue thingy like rubs and scrapes your foot.

Guy: Hold on, I don't get it, what? Were we talking about shoes?

Girl: Yeah I'm not buying just any sneakers anymore, you know I saw these really great Louis sneakers. I think I'm gonna just get those they probably won't rub or scrape.

Guy: Ok, I'm lost, I don't understand you're not wearing sneakers, were we talking about sneakers? Why were we talking about sneakers?

Bahaha, there I was just totally eaves dropping and just started cracking up. Thank god there was a funny preview on and it was appropriate to be laughing, but man was I laughing! This chick was so loud and she had that typical snooty girl voice, and her friend was so confused and so lost. To be honest I'm pretty sure she was bugging the s**t out of him too. She was just lucky that she did shut up when the movie started because I would not have hesitated to ask her to shut her trap!

Joining me in the theater were of course the serious Twihards! There were a few people there that had bite marks on their neck ( PS the vampires in Twilight don't have fangs, at least I remember that! ) and even one guy with his face covered in sparkles. The best were the loud sobbing sounds during Edward and Bella scenes of girls who were sad that they weren't being loved on by Edward Cullen. Actually, it was a little scary to hear some of the sobbing, I mean I am obviously in love with these films and the books but I would never be that obsessed. Though I guess I do have to admit that if I were my age now or at least in high school when Dirty Dancing first came out I would most likely be the sobbing wacky girl completely freaking out while watching MY!!!!! Patrick Swayze on the screen. Ahhhh swooon, how I loved my Johnny Castle ok girls I apologize for giggling to myself as you cried wishing to be Bella in Edward's arms because I longed to be Baby in Johnny's arms. Therefore I take it all back, go ahead and let it all out.

-M

1 comment:

  1. I love that you were eavesdropping and heard the most hilarious exchange. But I love even more that her friend kind of called her out on how random she was being.

    ReplyDelete